Janani Suraksha Yojana 2021|Benefits of JSY|Eligibility of scheme|JSY|Application Status|
Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY), an intervention program, was initiated by the National Rural Health Mission for both mothers and new mothers (NRHM). The goal is to monitor motherly and neonatal mortality through accessibility and cost-effectiveness of institutional delivery services among poor women who are pregnant. It is a system that is centrally funded and enforced in India through States and the Union Territories.
Janani Suraksha Yojana, specially focused on low-performing states, was launched on 12 April 2005 by out Hon’ble Prime Minister. It combines cash support with distribution and after-service treatment. The Ministry of Health and Family supervises Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY).
Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) is closely involved with ASHA, the certified health group, which works in 10 low-performance States as a bridge between governments and poor pregnant women. The EAG states, Assam, Jammu and Kashmir, and North-East states. All other suitable states and UTs have been appointed to carry out their duties on behalf of the Government by AWW (Anganwadi workers) and TBAs or social activists such as ASHA.
Important Feature And Benefits of Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)
- Implementation based on health sector results of states: Janani Suraksha Yojana provides healthcare facilities in all the States and Union Territory of India. However, these states are divided into two categories based on their Institutional Delivery rates – low-performance states and high-performing states (HPSs). The ten States include eight EAG states, Assam, Jammu and Kashmir and the North-Eastern States.
- Cash assistance linked to Institutional delivery : The pregnant women are liable for three prenatal checks and institutional delivery under Janani Suraksha Yojana. To get benefit from post-natal care and neo-natal care, benefit beneficiaries must register at the Sub-center or Anganwadi or primary health centres. The payment of increased benefits is related to institutional provision delivery.
- Cash assistance on a graded scale: Another aim of the system is to minimise maternal death by encouraging deliveries by trained practitioners such as physicians and nurses in health institutions. In order to promote institutional distribution, cash assistance is provided for women below the poverty line (BPL) to encourage institutional delivery. The cash support shall be subject to these rates.
- Incentives for ASHA or an equivalent worker: Some conventional birth assistants, known as ‘Dai’ have been trained following the Child Survival and Safe Motherhood Program (CSSM). These employees are incorporated in this scheme into the distribution services.
- Caesarean professional help: In the absence of government-employed health professionals, up to Rs. 1500 per pregnant woman is given for recruiting a private surgeon in a healthcare facility in the absence of a government-employed specialist during childbirth.
- Tubectomy or laparoscopy compensation: In the case of tubectomy or laparoscopy, compensation is provided to the beneficiary, according to the family welfare scheme.
- Fast cash disbursement: The scheme helps pregnant women by accelerating the cash disbursement process financially. It provides all Auxiliary Nurse Midwives or health workers with Rs. 5000 imprinted funds under certain terms and conditions.
- Private sector collaobration: The project is linked to hospitals, nursing homes and private clinics in case insufficient infrastructural facilities in a specific region of the Indian State or Union Territory for the delivery of health services in that area.
- Administrative expenses: 7% of state funds – the amount of 4% for district administrations can be spent on administrative expenses to track, IECs and office expenses to carry out the benefits of the Janani Suraksha Yojana. Appropriations for the district authorities.
Eligibility Criteria of Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)
- All pregnant women categorized under Below Poverty Line (BPL) households, residing in rural as well as urban areas.
- Only pregnant women of 19 years of age and older can benefit from monetary assistance. Under Janani Suraksha Yojana women under 19 years can’t register themselves.
- Women of two or more live births are eligible for healthcare and the system provides coverage.
- Only women registered under the scheme and delivered in government hospitals or in any private medical facility chosen by the government are eligible for the monetary benefits of the scheme.
Documents required for Janani Suraksha Yojana
- Aadhaar card of the Applicant
- BPL Ration Card
- Address proof
- Janani Suraksha Card Delivery certificate issued by government hospital
- Bank account passbook
- mobile number
- Passport size photo
How to Apply for Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)?
By following these basic steps, you can apply to Janani Suraksha Yojana:
- Step 1: Check Janani Suraksha Yojana’s official website Janani Suraksha Yojana:: National Health Mission (nhm.gov.in) and, in order to access the e-registration form, click on “Apply Online.”
- Step 2: You can also download the form offline by selecting the “Offline Download” option. Select the language you want. It is available in all local languages and in English.
- Step 3: The type has several parts. Complete the details you need such as the mother’s name, age, residential address, yearly revenue, etc. Make sure you properly list your personal information in order to avoid rejection of your submission.
- Step 4: Include all necessary documents in the form as proof of your personal details
- Step 5: If you prefer the online form, click the ‘Submit button. A code you must save for future reference will be created.
The process to check Janani Suraksha Yojana Application Status
- Step 1: First of all, you have to go to the official website of Janani Suraksha Yojana.
- Step 2: Now the home page will open in front of you.
- Step 3: On the home page, you have to click on the link to see the application status.
- Step 4: Now a new page will open in front of you, in which you will have to enter your reference number.
- Step 5: After that, you have to click on the search button.
- Step 6: The application status will be on your computer screen.
Read more at