The Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana is a scheme launched by the Government of India to promote the usage of solar roofs across the country. The Central Government encourages the use of renewable energy throughout the country through the Solar Rooftop Yojana. It also gives consumers rebates for solar roofing. In this post, we’ll show you how to fill out online forms to apply for the Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme and provide you with a contact number. Check the DISCOM State-Wide Portal Links to apply for the Solar Rooftop Yojana and calculate the cost with the Solar Rooftop Calculator.
The power demand grows by the day, and the supplies are insufficient when compared to utilisation. It is challenging for the ordinary person to pay hefty power costs for residential usages. To address this issue, the Government has proposed solar energy as a feasible electrical energy alternative. Sunlight is the source of solar energy. In comparison to electricity, the cost of solar energy is cheaper. This energy meets your demands in ways that electricity cannot. Solar energy may be utilised for both home and business applications.
Overview of the Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana
Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana is suitable for everyone in India who wants to save money and reduce their power costs. The plan does not assist with the installation of solar panels in your house. It is much less expensive since it will also help you reduce your power bill to zero rupees. You will be given free electricity for the rest of your life. The following is a detailed overview of the Government’s solar subsidy plan for 2021, which you can read about:
|Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana
|Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) Government of India
|Solar Renewable Energy target by 2022 Years
|100GW & 450 GW by 2030 Years
|Upto 40% subsidy
|Directly from any DISCOM State Agency
|10 Square Meter for 1 KW
|1 KW Electricity produce
|1.33 units per day
|1 KW Total Solar panels Install
|Solar panel life
|Upto 20 Years
|Online registration link
|Solar Rooftop Price/ Space calculator
A minimum of 10 square metres is required to install a solar panel to set up a 1 KW solar plant. Three solar panels have been placed to generate electricity. Each panel is rated at 330 watts. You can install the panels, a direct RESCO model, or another firm from which you purchased the panels.
Specifications and Benefits of the Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana
|Details about Rooftop Solar Power plan Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana (Specification)
|Required space for fixing rooftop solar power plant
|100 square feet
|Cost for installing Rooftop Solar Power plant without subsidy
|Rs. 60k to Rs. 70K
|How much amount need to be paid after 30% subsidy reduction
|Rs. 42K to Rs. 49K
|How much power needs to be generated by consumers for availing Generation based Incentive?
|1,100 to 1,500 Kwh / Kwp p.a
|How much consumers can earn under this scheme?
|About Rs. 2k to 3k per annum
- The panels may be installed inside your home, manufacturing facilities, group housing, or other community locations.
- Installing solar panel systems might reduce your power costs by 30-50 per cent.
These panels will give you power for more than 25 years with no need for replacement.
You will be able to recoup the cost of a solar house panel in 5-6 years, after which you will be able to enjoy free energy for up to 19-20 years.
- You can get a 40% subsidy if you install solar panels less than 3 kilowatts and a 20% subsidy if you install panels more significant than 3 KW to 500KW.
- This subsidy is delivered straight to your bank account number by the State federal government Electricity Agency.
- Solar panel installation in your home requires at least 100 square feet of space.
The cost without subsidy is between Rs. 60k and Rs. 70K, with a subvention of between Rs. 60k and Rs. 70K, while the cost with a subsidy is between Rs. 60k and Rs. 70K. 42,00 to 49,00 rupees or less
- Customers who use this solar rooftop scheme will receive between Rs. 2k and Rs. 3k per year.
- You can obtain your subsidy directly from the DISCOM agency, as previously specified.
Government benefits provided as part of the Solar Rooftop Scheme
- The Government has introduced this programme in a few states throughout the country. Many North Eastern states, including Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh, J&K, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and Lakshadweep, are eligible for up to 70% off solar system installation.
- The subsidy is provided to industrial, domestic, and social sectors, such as educational institutions, hospitals, and other organisations. This initiative for schools, hospitals, and educational institutions can also benefit the commercial sector. Under the National Solar Mission, the national Government would allocate budgets ranging from Rs. 600 crore to about Rs. 5 crores for five years ending in 2019-20. (NSM).
- Anyone who utilises this solar energy system pays just Rs.6.50/kWh, significantly less than the cost of regular power and diesel generators. The scheme’s adoption can also assist in protecting the environment by reducing carbon dioxide emissions by 60 million tonnes per year. This means that it is beneficial to both the environment and human health.
Apply for the Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme 2021 online.
The Central Government is collecting applications for solar roof subsidy schemes (Grid Connected). This is the whole process for submitting an online application for the Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme: The following is the application procedure:
- To apply online, candidates should go to solarrooftop.gov.in.
- On the home page, click the “Apply For Solar Rooftop” hyperlink.
- Click on the following link: https://solarrooftop.gov.in/grid others/discom
- At this point, the web page containing the DISCOM Portal Links to allow users to apply for the Rooftop Solar plan would look like this:
- The following list of Links from the DISCOM Portal is available in a state-by-state format.
- Applicants will be able to visit the state energy department’s or power corporation’s website, where the Solar Rooftop online application/registration form is available by clicking on the links for their state.
- If this is your first time applying, click the registration button and select the “Consumer” option.
- Now fill out the “Name, Email ID, Consumer Number, Division, Mobile No, Address, Password” form.
- After successfully registering for rooftop solar panels, the appropriate electrical department of your state will visit your home and install the solar panels on your rooftop.
- The subsidy can be obtained by submitting a solar panel bill as well as an electricity production report to your login panel, and the subsidy will be deposited straight into your bank account.
Solar Rooftop Cost Calculator
- To apply online, candidates may go to solarrooftop.gov.in.
- On the site, click on the “Solar Rooftop Calculator” link.
- Go to https://solarrooftop.gov.in/rooftop calculator for a direct link.
- Your Solar Rooftop Calculator page will then display in the format shown below:
- At this point, applicants can select either the Total Roof Top Area, Solar Panel Capacity they want to install, or their Budget.
- To determine the cost of solar roof installation, first, select the state, then the consumer category, and finally the amount of power you use, and then click the ” Calculate” button.
Solar Rooftop online Apply Discom Portal list (State Wise)
|Agency Name/ DISCOM
|Andaman and nicobar islands
|Electricity Deptt. of Andaman & Nicobar Islands
|Andhra Pradesh (AP)
|Eastern Power Distribution Company of A P Ltd
|Southern Power Distribution Company of AP Limited
|Assam Power Distribution Company Limited
|North Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited
|South Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited
|Electricity Deptt. of Chandigarh
|C S P D C L
|Electricity Deptt. of Goa
|For Subsidy :
|Dakshin Gujarat Vij Co.Ltd (DGVCL)
|Madhya Gujarat VIJ Company Ltd.
|Paschim Gujarat Vij Co. Limited
|Torrent Power Limited – Ahmedabad
|Torrent Power Limited – Surat
|Uttar Gujarat Vij Company Limited
|For Non-Subsidy : For all Discoms
|Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited
|Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited
|Jammu and Kashmir
|Power Development Deptt. of J & K
|Jharkhand Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited
|TATA STEEL UTILITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES LIMITED
|Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Ltd. (BESCOM)
|Chamundeshwari Electricity Supply Company Ltd. (CHESCOM)
|Gulbarga Electricity Supply Company Ltd. (GESCOM)
|Hubli Electricity Supply Company Ltd. (HESCOM)
|Mangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited
|Kerala State Electricity Board
|Electricity Deptt. of Lakshadweep
|M.P. Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Co
|M.P.Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Co
|M.P.Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Co.
|Adani Electricity Mumbai Limited
|Brihanmumbai Electric Supply & Transport (BEST)
|Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd
|Tata Power Co. Ltd
|Manipur State Power Distribution Company Limited (MSPDCL)
|Meghalaya Power Distribution Corporation Ltd.
|Power & Electricity Department, Government of Mizoram
|Department of Power, Nagaland
|NCT of Delhi
|BSES Rajdhani Power Limited
|BSES Yamuna Power Limited
|NEW DELHI MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
|Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited
|TPCODL, TP Central Odisha Distribution Ltd.
|TPNODL, TP Northern Odisha Distribution Limited
|TPSODL, TP Southern Odisha Distribution Limited
|TPWODL, TP Western Odisha Distribution Limited
|Electricity Deptt. of Puducherry
|Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.
|Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.
|Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.
|Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.
|Energy & Power Department, Government of Sikkim
|Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Company Limited
|Northern Power Distribution Company of Telangana Limited
|Southern Power Distribution Company of Telangana Limited
|The Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and DIU
|Electricity Deptt. of Dadar & Nagar Haveli
|Electricity Deptt. of Daman & Diu
|Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited
|Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.
|Kanpur Electric Supply Company Ltd.
|Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd
|Noida Power Company Limited
|Pashchimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.
|Poorvanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.
|Torrent Power Limited
|Uttarakhand Power Corporation Ltd